The specific identity of your company, your products, or your services has value in the competitive marketplace. It is a recognizable representation of the products or services you provide and is the foundation upon which all of your marketing and sales efforts may be built. The brand equity you work hard to create should be protected.
Trademark is the common name given to a number of different types of marks used to identify and distinguish the goods or services of one company from those of another. Registration of a mark creates the exclusive right to use that mark and the ability to prevent unauthorized use of that mark or other similar marks.
Our role in assisting you with your trademark portfolio is to:
- Help you determine which products and services can and should be protected with a trademark or service mark.
- Determine if your intended mark is available.
- Handle the legal process of obtaining a trademark or service mark including advising you on filing in all appropriate International classes and jurisdictions.
- Ensure that the required ongoing filings and renewals are completed in a timely manner to continue the validity of your mark.
- Help determine if and how a competitor may be infringing upon your mark.
- Solve disputes related to your marks.
The Sand & Sebolt team stands ready to assist you in building and protecting brand equity that will translate into return on the investment you make in developing unique products and services.